Meeting Space Rental Rates & Policies
Types of organizations permitted to use the space:
- City of Chicago departments and sister agencies and government officials.
- Non-profit organizations whose primary mission, or function of the event to be held, compliments that of the Chicago Department of Transportation/Chicago Green Tech
- Other requests to use space at Chicago Green Tech will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Full day rental = $500
- Half day rental = $250
- Full day rental = $250
- Half day rental = $125
- Groups using Chicago Green Tech space may not charge attendees for tours of the building given by our staff. If there is a fee for event attendance, Chicago Green Tech will negotiate an exchange which will include a fee to use the meeting space and/or an in-kind donation of educational programming.
- Weekday events must be completed and participants out of the building by close:
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 5:00 PM
- Tuesday and Thursday, 8:00 PM
- Saturday, 4:00 PM.
- Facility access should be determined at the time the reservation is made.
Please Note: The Chicago Center for Green Technology is a public facility.
We will not be held responsible for any visitor items that have lost or damaged while on site. We recommend that visitors keep all valuable items with them at all times.
- Groups are permitted to bring in their own food or to hire catering companies for their event. Our staff can provide a list of preferred caterers who have worked with the building in the past and have a commitment to environmentally sustainable ingredients and/or waste minimization.
- Caterers must contact Chicago Green Tech staff at least two weeks prior to the event.
- Groups may use our community kitchen which includes a sink, microwave and refrigerator (items in the refrigerator are not for community consumption). The group is responsible for cleaning any dishware used and leaving the kitchen in a proper state.
- Groups are responsible for their food after completion of the event; all waste must be disposed of, recycled or composted properly. Durable catering trays, bowls, sternos, etc. may not be left at Chicago Green Tech.
- No electric cooking appliances may be used on site including hotpots, mini grills and stoves or anything fueled with propane or butane. Sternos are permitted for on site use.
- No alcohol is allowed on the premises at any time under any circumstances.
Room Set Up
- Groups using the Training Center will find it set up classroom style. The group is free to re-arrange the room at the time of use.
- Groups are responsible for returning tables and chairs to their original locations at the conclusion of the event.
- Groups are responsible for a walk- through and check-out with a Green Tech staff member prior to vacating the space.
- Reservations canceled more than three (3) weeks prior to the event will not be responsible for payment.
- Groups that cancel less than three (3) weeks prior to their event will be responsible for 50% of the payment previously agreed upon.
- If a reservation is cancelled less than five (5) days prior to the event, the group will be responsible for the full payment, as previously determined.
Damage to the Site
- All spaces used by the group must be left in as good a condition in which they were found.
- The City of Chicago will pursue reimbursement for any damage caused to the Chicago Green Tech building and grounds.